Positive Psychology and Coaching
a. Positive Psychology can help Coaching
1. A scientific, evidence-based grounding—with a proper scope of practice as well as reliable processes, interventions, and measurements.
2. A set of proper credentials to exercise professional standards.
b. Transformation in Coaching
1. A Coaching Theory: Using P-E-R-M-A. This approach adds structure to the practice of coaching.
2. Positive Psychology is grounded in research (longitudinal, random assignment, placebo-controlled, etc.), giving coaching a bedrock foundation on which to build, focus and limit scope.
3. This scientific basis and trained coaching technique can provide adequate guidelines for the future of coaching.