Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Three Fears: A Review

Getting Naked: A Business Fable About Shedding the Three Fears That Sabotage Client Loyalty (Jossey-Bass, 2010) by Patrick Lencioni Reviewed by Steve Gladis, Ph.D.

Patrick Lencioni, along with gurus like Ken Blanchard, has given the business fable real legitimacy. Lencioni’s The Five Dysfunctions of a Team really put Lencioni on the business fable map. And he’s managed to stay on the top of this field for some time now. And with this book he retains that position. Unfortunately, Getting Naked has a title that doesn’t work well, other than for shock value. Despite that error, the book works because it tells a decent story about important issues for consultants. Also, as a coach and consultant myself, the words ring true and right on key. In fact I’d recommend the book to any of my students thinking of becoming consultants one day. My only recommendation to the author is not to listen to the editors next time when it comes to titles—even if it means selling a few less books. I’d rather see titles like these: The Vulnerable Consultant, Fearless Consulting, How NOT to Sabotage Client Loyalty. This week I’ll review some of the basic elements of the book. I recommend Getting Naked as a decent business read.

No comments:

GMU Leadership and Coaching Certificates

Google Analytics