Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

HBR - Post #6

How Will You Measure Your Life? by Clayton Christensen (professor at the Harvard Business School) explains the three questions he asks his students to answer for themselves on the last day of his business administration class: How can I be sure that I’ll be happy in my career? How can I be sure that my relationships with my spouse and family become enduring sources of happiness? How can I be sure I’ll stay out of jail?! One quote I love: “Doing deals doesn’t yield the deep rewards that come from building up people.” He instructs students to take business administration theories—like strategic planning, resource allocation, culture creation, and calculating the impact of marginal costs. He also adds a warning to ad a healthy dose of humility to the mix. If I were to go to Harvard today, I’d take this guys course in a heartbeat. My only criticism is why not do this on the first class of the semester, rather than the last class.

No comments:

GMU Leadership and Coaching Certificates

Google Analytics