Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

Marshall Goldsmith's MOJO: Meaning and Happiness


LAST POST: Meaning and Happiness

When working at something, Goldsmith suggests we ask ourselves two questions: How much long- term benefit or meaning did I experience from this activity? How much short- term satisfaction or happiness did I experience in this activity? So, we can look at being stuck in a boring meeting or in traffic as a woe-is-me, victim, NOJO kind of thing and get nothing from the experience, OR decide we can use the time to think about our family, the things we’re grateful for and turn the time into a MOJO moment! Ultimately, as I tell my clients, the game of life is played largely in your own head! Indeed, we can create and re-create our own reality, just by thinking. What a gift!

No comments:

GMU Leadership and Coaching Certificates

Google Analytics