Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Pursuit of Something Better


This is the first of several posts this week based on my review of the book: The Pursuit of Something Better by Dave Esler and Myra Kruger...available on Amazon. I highly recommend for senior executives who want a handle on how to build culture in a company.

If you have followed my blog (Survival Leadership) for a while, you’re aware that I review leadership books that I believe would help not only my executive clients but also any other leaders willing to read those books. Those books I review are usually from mainline publishers. HOwever, this book is a self-published book by two smart consultants.

What actually made me read the book was a quote on the back cover of the book by Jim Kouzes (of the famous leadership research team of Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner).My indirect, albeit, personal connection with Kouzes and Posner was that I sat on the nominating committee for the American Society for Training and Development, which tapped the team to receive the 2009 Distinguished Contribution to Workplace Learning and Performance Award for their body of work over the years, which has had an impact on learning and performance in the workplace. In short, Kouzes and Posner know what they’re talking about. Here’s what they said about In Pursuit of Something Better: “This book teaches, inspires, and entertains, and it should be required reading in every business school, boardroom, and consultancy seminar.”

I agree with Kouzes and have recommended this book to executives, academics, and consultants. It’s a winner and guaranteed to change your perception about how to transform an organization. It’s also a “must read” for leaders who aren’t fully satisfied with the level of success they want for their organizations.

No comments:

GMU Leadership and Coaching Certificates

Google Analytics