Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why everyone loves mothers

I’m sitting in a coffee shop writing on a Saturday morning. Something I’ve done for many years. As I’m working on a new book, The Transparent Leader, I noticed a young mother, maybe in her mid-twenties with her 18-month old daughter. I know because I asked her! She let her daughter explore the shop, put her in big chairs to experience them, and held her when she got fussy. That’s when it dawned on me, why mothers as leaders, are so revered and loved. They are constantly engaged in their child’s development. Good mothers never give up on a child, no matter what. And, they’re always acting in the best interest of the child, even when it means disciplining them.


Pretty damned good lesson for us all.

No comments:

GMU Leadership and Coaching Certificates

Google Analytics